Monday 25 April 2011

Everyday Essentials: Part 1 - Even more Haircare

Hello lovelies,

Hope you're all enjoying the Easter holiday. Before I get into the bulk of the post I'd like to share with you one of my easter gifts. I'm only sharing as I thought it was really cute and a bit different from purchasing an easter egg from a store.I'm easily pleased. :) The idea was that I got to have all my favourite treats and the added bonus of keeping the storage afterwards.




I have to admit I never used to be as careful and thoughtful with my hair as I should have. I now have realised how unforgiving my hair type is and have tried to break this bad habit. I'm always on the look out for new products that work for my hair and protect it because in all honesty the fried hair look isn't the way to go.Both the products featured below I use regularly and find they work for me. That's not to say they'll be ideal for your hair, but if nothing else take away the essential idea that you need to protect your hair from heat damage and condition it to keep it looking and feeling good.

The two products featured are relatively new to me and I stumbled upon them by accident. The first is Toni&Guy Iron-it Heat Defence Spray, this does what it says on the can. I came into posession of this product when I visited my friend at university. I'd forgotten to pack mine, so when we went shopping I found a boots and just gave it a go as it was reasonably priced and a respected name. When I first used this product I instantly new I'd like it. It smells nice and fresh, not too over powering, it's like a mist so it doesn't clog your hair and consequently lasts for a while. It does genuinely seem to help prevent heat damage and leaves my hair in good condition after a few rounds with my GHDs. I should mention this is for straight styles and costs £6.63 in boots and is slightly cheaper on the Toni & Guy website. http://www.boots.com/en/Toni-Guy-Iron-It-Heat-Defence-Spray-200ml_39853/ http://store.toniandguy.com/s/browse/products/toniandguy/straight/14



The last product is Aussie Luscious Long Leave in Conditioner. This too was an accidental purchase. I've used the Aussie leave in conditioners for a while now and always stuck to the Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave in Conditioner. However, this one time I was in a rush and picked up the product I now use by mistake. I'd not really intended on using it, but I was caught short and so thought anything is better than nothing. Now that I've stuck with it because I like it that much I don't remember how the other product was. This too smells very fresh and is nice on the nose which is always pleasant. It doesn't clog my hair up, leaves it in good condition and lasts for ages, so I like it. It's a bargain at £3.68 in Boots and can be purchased in major English supermarkets, super drug and numerous other places. http://www.boots.com/en/Aussie-Luscious-Long-Leave-in-Conditioner_38756/


Other items of worth to have in your beauty kit are clamps and bobby pins. Clamps are great for sectioning hair and sweeping it off the face. They can also be used for styling your hair. Bobby pins or kirby grips are a staple item, they secure things in place and for me they tend to help make a bad hair day less of a sham. Both items can be found widely and are affordable.







Speak Soon
Peace, Love, Hugs
Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment