Friday 22 April 2011

Everyday Essentials: Part 1 - Haircare

Hey you lovely lot,


Everyday Essentials review here we come. Out of all items mentioned in this blog post, if you do not have one get yourself a tail end comb. They're cheap and can be an absolute saving grace. So, here goes nothing:


Firstly, in my hair bible I have my trusty GHDS.  
I realize that a lot people have them. They are great... they straighten effectively, they curl effectively and most of all quickly. One stupid thing I particularly liked is the plug, if you have a pair of GHDs or have seen them you will know that the plug is quite big and stands out. This is absolutely amazing for me, because in the morning when I'm feeling dazed I tend to clumsily plug anything in and wonder why magically things aren't working.. but because this plug is so noticeable I have no issue. I'd say if you're in need of a new pair of straighteners, you're unsure what to get for your birthday gift or you've had a pair which has broken and you're unsure about re-investing do it, get yourself a pair of GHDs. They can be found in hair salons or if you wish to purchase online you can do so here: http://straighteners.ghdhair.com/ or here: http://www.asos.com/Beauty/A-To-Z-Of-Brands/Ghd/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=1904&WT.oss=GHD&WT.oss_r=1&oss_pv=1&DCSext.oss_url=1 . 


One thing I could not live without is a tail comb (I think that’s the name). 
These are really cheap and are great for teasing, separating and slicking things back. They are great for ensuring that products are combed through the hair effectively and I know friends who find them good when using home hair dye kits. They are pretty easy to track down and you can get them for under £1. I have two one with a plastic end and one with a really thin metal end. I use them both all the time, but love the metal ended one for sectioning hair. The Chanel style buns are in, and I feel that I can do the style more justice with one of these as I’m better able to slick the hair back and get rid of lumps and bumps. One of the best under £1 items I’ve got. This is more expensive than I paid but I'm sure there's cheaper options: http://www.boots.com/en/Trevor-Sorbie-Tail-Comb_868082/ 

A recent edition to my collection is the V05 volumizing spritz.
 This product was a last minute buy. It is reasonably priced and is straight forward to use. I have thin hair and teasing tends to work for a limited period of time. I have found this to help with making my hair a bit fuller. It smells good and you don’t need to use that much. This product doesn’t seem to clog up my hair or dry it out which is essential for me as it's prone to both. This is widely available too and is about £3, so if you’re unsure what to do and are a sufferer of thin lifeless hair like me and you don’t want to spend excessive amounts on a product, I’d recommend this. http://www.superdrug.com/styling/vo5-heat-defence-volume+lift-spritz-150ml/invt/307130/ You can get this in UK supermarkets too for a similar price.

The second part of this will follow soon and will contain a conditioner, heat protector spray and some other little essentials. 

Speak soon lovelies,
Peace, Love, Hugs
Keep smiling
Emily x

2 comments:

  1. I love the ghd straightener, I do not have one (itll def. be my next straightener to buy) but many stylists use them in their salons and they are AMAZING. Thanks for the vo5 suggestion, my best friend has thin hair also and she is constantly teasing her hair and is constantly buying volume sprays so she'll be excited to try out this product!

    Love the blog, can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lovely,
    Good luck on the quest for GHDs, you'll not regret when you purchase them. :) I'm glad to be of help to your friend. She'll know how frustrating it is to have to try and fight this losing battle with thin hair. I'd say definitely give it a go and, let me now how she gets on. Don't know if she already does it but when blow drying I find that if I tip my hair forward and blow it upwards it gives me a little more volume. :) If there's anything in particular you want to read about let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

    Hope you're having a good holiday period.

    Speak soon,
    Peace, love, hugs
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete